What is underneath the clutter? What do you think your clutter is trying to tell you? What are the messages in your clutter? Do you ever wonder why you are keeping so many things?
Think about this statement for a minute. What do you think?
How does our clutter stop us from living the life of our dreams?
. We are creatures of habit and we want to be safe and comfortable. We do not want to upset the status quo so maybe we accept certain things like a bad relationship or a low paying job just to avoid change because change is scary. A messy house can feel like protection and can mean that I cannot be in a relationship or that my house is not the place for the family to come for a visit or dinner.
. Dealing with our clutter, acquiring things, moving stuff around, playing with our stuff keeps us from feeling our uncomfortable feelings. This means that they do not get dealt with and we are not able to move on. You likely feel like you are always busy but the reality is that you are really just going around in circles and not getting anywhere.
. Living in constant chaos, procrastinating, not able to commit or finish projects, feeling overwhelmed and anxious keeps you stuck and feeling bad about yourself. Your clutter is stressing you out and taking up your valuable time.
Clutter can be defined as anything that interferes with the enjoyment of your life or gets in the way of living your dreams.
Lets think about the benefits our clutter can give us:
- the clutter is really a distraction that keeps us from pursuing our goals.
- it can prevent you from moving on to a new relationship or it can keep difficult relationships out.
- disorganized paper and business files can keep your business or new job stalled. It could keep you from writing that book you have dreamt of writing.
- owning a lot of books can offer you the promise that if I read this book, I will then have it all together and my life will be perfect. They give me permission to not have to take any action or make a change.
- having disorganized and overwhelming craft supplies can prevent you from actually taking that first step to do the scrapbooking or other project you have plans to do someday.
What do you think your clutter is telling you?
What goals or dreams are you holding back due to your clutter?
Please comment below: