It’s that time of year again when we feel motivated to make some changes in our lives. Longer daylight hours and seeing the sun a bit more often just helps us all to feel better.
Warmer weather allows us to open windows, feel and smell the fresh air, watch the new growth sprouting out of the ground and to start thinking about organizing and clearing out. The sun feels so much stronger now and if it is streaming in through your windows you are probably noticing the dust, cat or dog hairs, dirty windows, etc. It can all be a bit overwhelming. Here are 5 of my tips that I hope will help you to get motivated.
Five Tips for Happy Spring Cleaning/Clearing
- When the sun is shining through the windows and you are seeing the dust on the windows, on the blinds or the dust bunnies on the floor, this is the best time to clean up especially if you are feeling somewhat energetic and motivated.
- This is a great time to get all of the garbage, newspapers, and cardboard ready to get out to the bin or to the curb just because its easier to get out and about.
- Have you been noticing any winter clothing (coats, boots, mitts) that are scuffed up, missing buttons, with rips, holes? They really need to go? Hopefully, soon we can get rid of these things and next year they could be replaced with something better. You deserve the best, my friend!
- Cleaning up the entrance way, shaking out some rugs, sweeping the floor can really feel good and can really pave the way for good energy to come through your door.
- Seasonal change of clothes. You might not want to rush this but it can be helpful to start thinking about what you may not have worn all winter. It might be time to let go of some of these clothing items.
Once that beautiful spring weather is here I am likely not going to have a lot of time to work inside so I really want to get as much done as possible. I anticipate I will be outside a lot. I am so looking forward to Spring, going for walks, bike rides, raking all the leaves leftover from last year, (Ugh!! I will try think of this as great exercise), cleaning up outside and watching the world green up again. How about you? What do you love about spring and what are you looking forward to?