It’s that time of year again when we feel motivated to make some changes in our lives. Longer daylight hours and seeing the sun a bit more often just helps us all to feel better.
Warmer weather allows us to open windows, feel and smell the fresh air, watch the new growth sprouting out of the ground and to start thinking about organizing and clearing out. The sun feels so much stronger now and if it is streaming in through your windows you are probably noticing the dust, cat or dog hairs, dirty windows, etc. It can all be a bit overwhelming. Here are 5 of my tips that I hope will help you to get motivated.
Five Tips for Happy Spring Cleaning/Clearing
- When the sun is shining through the windows and you are seeing the dust on the windows, on the blinds or the dust bunnies on the floor, this is the best time to clean up especially if you are feeling somewhat energetic and motivated.
- This is a great time to get all of the garbage, newspapers, and cardboard ready to get out to the bin or to the curb just because it’s easier to get out and about.
- Have you been noticing any winter clothing (coats, boots, mitts) that are scuffed up, missing buttons, with rips, holes? They really need to go? Hopefully, soon we can get rid of these things and next year they could be replaced with something better. You deserve the best, my friend!
- Cleaning up the entrance way, shaking out some rugs, sweeping the floor can really feel good and can really pave the way for good energy to come through your door.
- Seasonal change of clothes. You might not want to rush this but it can be helpful to start thinking about what you may not have worn all winter. It might be time to let go of some of these clothing items.
Once that beautiful spring weather is here I am likely not going to have a lot of time to work inside so I really want to get as much done as possible. I anticipate I will be outside a lot. I am so looking forward to Spring, going for walks, bike rides, raking all the leaves leftover from last year, (Ugh!! I will try think of this as great exercise), cleaning up outside and watching the world green up again. How about you? What do you love about spring and what are you looking forward to?
Thanks for sharing your tips. I really love to work in my vegetable garden so I am looking forward to getting the garden back in shape and maybe trying some different veggies this year.
I actually started repairing items like landscape lighting, replacing air filters for the water and heater, and moving around and getting rid of items in the garage that were left from last winter. It took a long time but was a great start to this year’s spring cleaning/organizing.
Thank you Sabrina,
I would love to work in a vegetable garden but I have a huge tree in my back yard and very little sun which is a good thing for the most part. Actually, I have a love hate relationship with my tree lol
You are reminding me of a few more things that I need to be doing as well. One thing at a time, right?
I had the window experience. We have french doors that slide into the wall. I pulled them out when I wanted to cover up some painting I was doing in the dining room and was appalled to see how dirty the many tiny panes were. I decided to do one strip of little windows each day (because it is kind of tedious.) Wow – long overdue!
It doesn’t take much to notice what needs to be done. Never ending it seems. Making any kind of improvements though seems to unearth some things that need to be cleaned. Thanks so much for commenting.
I am also really looking forward to Spring this year! Love your simple ideas for making the most of that enthusiasm.
Awe, thank you so much Sheri Steed 🙂
All of the seasons have their magic, but spring is my most favorite one. I love watching the color return to the landscape. I’m always on the look for the first purple crocus to push its way above the earth outside our dining room window. I saw it appear the other day and it made me feel so hopeful.
While it’s not quite time yet, I’m really looking forward to making my clothing switch…replacing the dark palette of winter with some lighter, brighter colors. It’s aleays a great time to let go of things that I’m not wearing, are worn, or no longer fit.
Sounds like you are excited for the change in weather as well. Spring definitely feels like a magical time. Thanks so much for your comment.
Great tips! We’re just starting spring cleaning around here (okay well all we have done is had the carpet cleaned, but still, it’s a start haha) and this is a great list. I really need to go through everyone’s closets and get rid of worn out and too small winter clothes! Thanks for reminding me to do that before I just forget all about them! Thanks!
Thank you so much for your comment. I am so glad you feel inspired and motivated to declutter.