Does this title confuse you? Do you think there is magic in decluttering? I realize that decluttering isn’t the most sexiest topic, however, you are important so it really is so worth it to pay attention to it.
“Remember, what you put your attention on grows”
I really do think there is a little magic at work here and it has to do with having an awareness of your space, thinking about your life, looking at what is working and what isn’t, knowing what you want in your life and having a vision for your space and goals that you are working towards.
Think about the benefits of decluttering
These are some of the comments from the members of the Declutter Your Life and Mind Facebook Group
- Lightness, peace, freedom
- feeling pleased, happy and proud
- cleanliness, my space feels lighter and less to clean
- feeling more in control
- more enjoyment of my space
- taking control of my space (rather than my space controlling me)
- peace of mind from not losing everything I set down for a moment
- improved emotional health
- less impulsive spending
- less clutter + less trip hazard
Pretty Awesome Right?
The Magic of Decluttering (my tips)
- More Healthy – Think about it. If you are more organized in your kitchen, you will have some counter space to create a meal or make a sandwich, you are able to make healthier meals, you will use up those leftovers, you won’t have food that has expired as long as you are not buying too much and you can save money by not wasting food or eating out. You might even have some time to head out for a walk after a meal.
- Less Distractions – Which means rather than putting out fires you have more time for other things. You will have more time to just be, to think, to dream, be more creative or maybe to read a book. It’s not all about decluttering. You get to decide what to focus your energies on.
- Less Anxiety/Stress – There is no question that clutter causes us anxiety and stress. Who needs it? Right? You will feel calmer just because you can find your keys, you are not tripping over the cat and you are able to find what to wear with no problem. You can give yourself permission to breathe, to ground yourself and to have a little time to get to the next thing without rushing. Ahh!! Feels so much better!
- More Energy Flow – I think it is so important to have that energy flow in your home. It keeps things fresh. When something comes in, something needs to go out. We need to have this flow happening in all areas of our lives. We do not want things to become stagnant and that is what happens when there is no flow. Think about that “stuck energy” in your home. I am sure we all have it. Let’s allow our stuff and our homes to breathe.
- More Intuition and Clarity – It can be such a big question to think about what we want for ourselves, our families and our homes. But, just to have that time and space and to trust our intuition to allow what we need and want in our lives. So important to begin this process and to be able to make some decisions and to trust that it is okay.
- More Finances – Yes, this is such a great benefit to decluttering. I have heard from many people who have found money after a loved one had passed or even in their own belongings. You will also not be out buying items that you know you might already have but cannot find (been there myself). Just paying attention to your finances can make such a huge difference. Watching what you are spending, paying your bills, doing your taxes, watching your dollars add up in savings – its all good!!
I am sure there are so many more benefits to decluttering your life and mind. I would love to hear yours as well. Please sign up here http://eepurl.com/dsz4PP so that you never miss a post and please leave a comment. Thank you so much for your support.