It is so good to look back and to assess what we have done, what went well, not so well, what we are proud of and what we could do better. As we wind down 2022, I would like to share with you my review of 2022.
I tend to make a list of things I want to accomplish for the year and I did pretty well with my list this year.
I had a number of things on my DIY list and I was able to accomplish a few of them.
- got my Grotto (aka Garage Door) repaired and painted
- side door and window frames painted on grotto
- planter boxes spray painted black
- new back deck
- new front porch
- new office space – I now have walls and a door
And more to come…….I just love fixing up my house – makes me so happy
Near Death Experience
You may recall this story which happened in late spring and was very scary to say the least. Lost a big part of my huge maple tree in the backyard but other than some patio furniture and a big cleanup, no one was hurt. Link here if you would like to read more of the story.
The Voyage and the Return
I wrote my second Chapter in a multi-author book which was released in June 2022. It is called “A Change of Heart – A Love Story”. I purchased quite a number of books which really came in handy when I was laid up with my broken ankle. So many people came forward with meals, books, flowers and messages of healing and hope for me. I was able to gift my friends with a copy of my book. Here is the link to purchase if you are interested. The stories are all so inspirational.
Or if you send me an email, I will send you my chapter. No cost!
I offered my first Masterclass online “The Magic of Decluttering” and it was a great success.
You can sign up here to get more information.
I was on a roll and then I fractured my ankle on July 19 and had to have surgery on it. This happened on the first day of our planned summer vacation so it was no fun at all. I continue to heal as it is a long healing process.
There are blessings in everything that happens to us and even though they can be hard to see sometimes I know they are there. I feel grateful that I am able to walk again especially after being non weight bearing for over six weeks. The fact that I can drive again is amazing to me. Just to have that freedom. So much we take for granted.
Some of the things I learned from breaking my ankle:
I have learned that:
- I don’t always have to do everything and I can ask for help
- there are many people who love me, care about me and support me
- my partner and grandson will be there for me when needed
- I am more resilient than I thought and I never give up. (Well that last part I already knew)
- I need to slow down and pay attention and honour my body
- I am so grateful that I can walk and drive again. (We take so much for granted)
- I can surrender to what is
- I am a good patient and always keep a positive attitude
- I am respected in the community and I am amazing.
- I can do more than I think I can
- healing takes timebad days happen but then the clouds clear and the sun comes out and it feels like hope.
Space For You
I took a break from focussing on my business during the first part of my healing and just concentrated on getting better. I did a lot of reading, meditating, napping and just listening to my body and taking care of me.
The Facebook Group Declutter Your Life and Mind has continued to be active and quite vibrant with lots of great discussion and inspiration among members.
I felt honoured to take on the admin for The minimalist.org London Facebook Group and this has been very eye opening and I am learning a lot.
I was actually considering closing down my business but I cannot imagine not doing this work. This work has been my passion for so many years and I decided I am not about to stop now. So here I am continuing to serve you and work with you to help you to clear the physical and emotional clutter from your home and life.
What do we want for 2023? How can we be the best we can be? This is what I posted in one of my groups today
“I just read that a high quality life has more to do with what you remove from your life not what you add to it” What do you want to remove from your life for 2023?