As I work on decluttering and downsizing my home I am noticing how having less stuff means so much more open space. My home is looking so much bigger. Who knew? Right? I feel like I have so much more clarity around what I want for myself and my partner.
What are you currently spending your time on?
If you are constantly moving things around, trying to find things that you need, basically putting out fires, feeling like things are chaotic and you cannot seem to get yourself out of this spiralling rabbit hole, this blog post is for you. Are you are always looking for the next best thing, shopping (retail therapy is a thing) and hoping that this will be the thing that makes you happy, feel better or is the solution to the mess?
Working on decluttering, organizing, sorting and downsizing will help you to have more space and clarity because you will be able to focus on what truly matters to you. What do you really want to be doing with your time? What are your passions? Your future goals?
Some examples could be to work on those hobbies or crafts that you started or have bought supplies for. Would you like to do more writing (like me) or reading (also like me), learning something new, finishing that course you purchased or signed up for, focus on your health or cooking healthier meals? Sometimes our clutter can keep us from actualizing our goals. It keeps us distracted and could be a subconscious excuse for not working on what we really want.
Cleaning up our physical space means that we have more time to think and contemplate on our mental state which helps us to be more in touch with our intuition and our true selves.
Take some time to do a little journaling exercise.
Write this as many times as you need to. You might be surprised by what comes up.
There are so many benefits of decluttering.
- I know what I have and where to find things when I need them
- I am not spending money on buying duplicates
- I have less stress and anxiety
- less to take care of means that I have more space to relax and work on my own goals
- I have more time to work on the things I say or think about doing
- I am able to get around my home without having to step over things or bump into things
- I can work on my actual goals, like doing some art work, crafts or health goals, writing or reading, exercising – the possibilities are endless.
- my mind feels more clear and I know what I want
- increased productivity, reduced stress, improved mental health, and a more enjoyable living or working space
- and so much more!
Would you like to have more guidance as you work towards your goals? I would love to work with you. I work with you virtually over a number of weeks which are always flexible and I will help you to assess your space, come up with a plan of action, offer you guidance and support and encourage you to stay committed to the process. Just reply to this email and we can make a plan to have a coffee chat (free of course)