The Transformational Power of Clearing Clutter Support Groups

I was inspired to do this post on Clearing Clutter Support Groups because of the Productivity and Organizing Blog Carnival – I have a secret goal of having a submission every month even if its a little outside of my comfort zone.  (not so secret anymore lol)

I was the founder of an in person Clearing Clutter Support Group that ran for many years in the Mental Health Agency I worked for.

The feedback we got for this group was always so positive and group members made progress in many areas of their lives.

When you attend a group like this it is something that you do for yourself.  It is all about you and learning about yourself!  The “ah ha” moments will inspire you to make progress as you move forward towards a more clutter-free life.  You learn about your own clutter style including your own personal vulnerability factors, why you have clutter, the thoughts and beliefs you have about your stuff, how to let go of attachments and sentimental items, making decisions and how to problem solve some challenging situations.

Looking at the relationship that you have with your possessions, decisions that you make, and your goals for our home give you a whole new perspective on your life and home.

Would you like the inside scoop on the Clearing Clutter Support Group?

Week One

Week Two

Week Three

Week Four

Week Five

Week Six

Week Seven

Week Eight

Knowing that you are not alone in your struggles, being with others who get it, realizing that “small is huge” and this is a life long process will help you to move forward and closer to your dreams of having a clutter-free life.

This is very personal work and it’s always about learning more about yourself. When you show up and are ready to commit to yourself you will see how much you learn, the progress you will make and what you can accomplish.

Would you be interested in joining me in an online Clearing Clutter Support Group? I am rooting for you! Any questions? Send me a quick message and I will make sure you are on my list.

Happy Decluttering!

About Kim

I’m Kim, your go-to Professional Organizer and Virtual Coach! I’m beyond excited to embark on this clutter-free adventure with you. With a background in mental health and a passion for transforming spaces, I bring a holistic approach to decluttering. It’s not just about neatening up physical spaces; it’s about fostering a mindset shift that radiates throughout your life. I founded Space For You Clear the Clutter, Heal Your Life and have been working with individuals and groups for about 15 years. I've also trained with Professional Organizers of Canada and the Institute for Challenging Disorganization.
This entry was posted in Organizing and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to The Transformational Power of Clearing Clutter Support Groups

1. Now that your secret’s out, you can be sure I’ll be keeping an eye on your Blog Carnival submissions!

This series was so informative – I’m glad you’ve featured it again.

Haha! Now you know – my secret is out – some of the topics are out of my zone of genius but I will make my best effort.

2. Sharon Desserud says:

You know I’d be interested in an online group.

3. This is wonderful Kim. Like you said, when you know you’re not alone in your struggles, will help you finding answers and clutter free life.

Thank you Janet – Yes clearing clutter is always easier with support. Knowing there are others who are also struggling really helps too.

4. I love the vibe of your group. It isn’t as much instructional or performance-based as it is a big, self-discovery hug. As you say, this group is all about “you,” about learning and reflecting and making change at the core level.

The results of the group were so encouraging. the online capability we have these days can make this whole process easier and less intimidating. I’ve been toying with the idea of launching one of these myself. Haven’t taken many steps yet, but I’m motivated by you Kim!

Thanks so much Seana Yes, it is so true that what we can do online now is amazing. Thank you for the lovely compliment.

5. Your group is lucky to have your empathy, wisdom, and support. One of the most beautiful parts is helping people realize they are not alone. This is such important work you’re doing.

I don’t run a support group, but I do workshops. They are interactive and give participants time to share their personal stories and challenges. That’s my favorite part. Because in that process, other participants realize they are not alone in their challenges.

So true Linda – this topic can be a private one too so knowing others are going through something similar is so beneficial. They are no longer alone and can start to make some progress.

6. Jill Katz says:

Wow- I am blown away by your support group. It sounds like your are shining a light on the issues people are having while creating space for each member to figure out their goals and some of the roadblocks and challenges they have. And they get to be supported by you and your expertise, along with a group of people doing the same work. I have been thinking about providing an online group such as this. Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing your knowledge.